Installation Guides & Instructions
Cummins 5.9L Common Rail Injectors Installation Guide
- Check injector bore for debris and ensure old copper sealing washer is removed.
- Lubricate the injector o-ring with clean engine oil.
- Place injector into bore with flange positioned toward the rocker levers and the fuel inlet hole facing the intake side of the engine.
**When inserting the injector into the bore be sure to use the plastic solenoid cap to prevent breaking the solenoid terminals.**
4. Loosely Bolt down the injector flange (finger tight)
NOTE: It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that a new high pressure fuel connector is used with each new injector. Evidence of high pressure fuel connector contamination may not be visible!! ANY EVIDENCE OF INJECTOR CONTAMINATION WILL VOID WARRANTY!!
5. Install the high-pressure fuel connector making sure the end of the high-pressure fuel connector is in the injector inlet port.
6. Start the high-pressure fuel connector retaining nut and tighten partially to 133 in- Ib [15 Nm]
*This is not the final torque for the high-pressure fuel connector retaining nut*
7. Tighten the injector flange bolts - Make sure to tighten the flange bolts evenly. Check to make sure the gap between the flange and the injector is equally spaced around the injector body.
NOTE: Tighten finger-tight and alternate between bolts turning 90 degrees per turn until reaching: 89 In-lb [10 Nm]
8. Connect and tighten the solenoid wires to 13 In-lb [1.5 Nm]. Be sure the solenoid wires can NOT make contact with the rocker levers when installed.
9. Torque high-pressure fuel connector retaining nut to 37 Ft-lbs [50 Nm]
Stanadyne Diesel Systems for Generators
SPEED DROOP ADJUSTMENT DURING ENGINE
1) After priming fuel system, start and warm engine to operating temperature.
2) With full load applied and engine operating at rated speed, droop may be determined by removing load and noting no-load speed or frequency Droop may be adjusted by turning knurled knob clockwise to increase, counter clockwise to decrease.
3) A minor correction of throttle position will also be necessary.
NOTE: If knurled knob is adjusted to maximum or near maximum droop, severe strain will be placed on the throttle and governor linkage parts unless the throttle cable or linkage is first disconnected from the pump throttle lever After final droop setting, throttle linkage length may be readjusted and reinstalled on the pump throttle lever This precaution is not necessary if a spring-loaded throttle lever is incorporated.
Delco Diesel Dodge Pump Relay Kit
- Mount the fuel pump relay on the firewall with the supplied self tapping screw.
- Attach the ground (black wire) with either a self tapping screw or to a suitable ground.
- Attach the Red (orange) wire to the positive side of the battery.
- Route the lead wire over the brake master cylinder and secure with a zip tie out of the way of the steering knuckle.
- Disconnect the lift pump from the factory wiring harness and reconnect to the relay plugs.
- Test the lift pump by turning the ignition to the start position and then “bump” the starter, that is do not hold the key on unit the engine starts, but just long enough to engage the starter and wait to start the engine. The lift pump should then be energized to 20 to 25 seconds.
The purpose of this Relay Kit is to provide a more consistent 12 volt power supply to the fuel pump. It is not designed to make an already damaged pump work. It will not allow a voltage drop to the supply pump and will therefore extend fuel pump life and maintain better pressure and flow.
Bosch Application Guide, Dodge/Cummins